Welcome to Gurla Mandata
Gocha La Trek Sikkim.
Gocha La Trek Sikkim. For the people of Sikkim, Mt. Kanchanjunga is more than just the third highest peak in the world. Moreover, the abode of the state’s patron deity. This trek takes one right up close to the big mountain, through forests of rhododendrons, orchids, pine and magnolia. Also, to the higher valleys and the Rolling Meadows used for grazing by the gentle yak-herding Lepchas.
This is an extension of the Dizongri trek and trekking beyond the meadows. Moreover, Dizongri is raw adventure at its best. Furthermore, there the visitor is taken into the realm of towering mountain peaks directly above. Finally, camp is set amidst the view of rumbling avalanches and high mountain glaciers. gurla mandata trekking
1. Never trek alone. So, hire a guide if you can’t find companion.
2. Choose trekking companies/guides with eco friendly concepts .
3. Become informed about high altitude sickness.
4. Carry a good medicine kit .
5. Watch where you are walking. Don’t step backward blindly while taking photos.
6. Time your trek generously. Also, taking rest while trekking is not a sign of weakness.