Welcome to Gurla Mandata
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition (8,167m).
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition (8,167m). Mt. Dhaulagiri also known as white Mountain from Sanskrit, is a real giant among 8000m peaks consisting of 5 major peaks with prominence ranging from 135m to 3357m. Dhaulagiri I (8,167m) is also the 7th highest mountain in the world. And also one of more formidable peaks to climb with the first successful summit only in 1960. In terms of rise above the terrain Mt.Dhaulagiri is also unparalleled as it rises 7000m over Kali Gandaki valley over horizontal length of 30km, which by any standard is an impressive statistic.Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition (8,167m).,
The vast majority of ascents to date have been via the first ascent route, which is the “Normal Route” on the mountain. However ascents have been made from almost every direction. Mt. Dhaulagiri also has 5 ridges and south and west faces, which raise 4000m, from their Base Camps, offering opportunities to develop many interesting routes from Italian, Swiss and French camps.,
As of 2007, there also had been 358 summit ascents of Dhaulagiri and 58 climbing fatalities on the mountain. Due to its technically challenging routes, the lack of big commercial expeditions is one of the more alluring qualities of Dhaulagiri as only seasoned mountaineers seem to have interest in this formidable mountain.,,
1. You should never trek alone. So, hire a guide if you can’t find companion.
2. Choose trekking companies/guides with eco friendly concepts.
3. Always get information about high altitude sickness.
4. Also, always carry a good medicine kit.
5. Hence, watch where you are walking. And don’t step backward blindly while taking photos.
6. Therefore, time your trek generously. Also, taking rest while trekking is not a sign of weakness.
Therefore, the trip cost will vary depending on the group size, duration of days and services required. Please contact us via our email. Along with your details to obtain a quote.