Welcome to Gurla Mandata
Mt. Gurla Mandata Namo Nanyi Expedition (7728m)
Mt. Gurla Mandata Namo Nanyi Expedition (7728m). Highest peak in south western Burang country of Tibet. It rises south of Lake Manasarowar and north of the point where Nepal, Tibet and India meet. It is a close neigh border to the sacred Mt. Kailash. Also, it lies to its north. The local inhabitants call it the Namo Nanyi meaning fairy Peak. The west ridge is shape like a fan and stretched across from north to south while the eroded east ridge forms extremely steep cliffs. All to the north lies the holy lake Manasorover and Langatso. This spectacular Mt.Gurla mandata massif makes up part of the western section on the Himalayan in the Burang Country of Tibet.
It is a close neighbor to the sacred Mount Kailash, which lies to its north. Moreover, the local inhabitants call it the Namo Nanyi meaning Fairy’s Peak. Mt.Gurla Mandata is made up of six ridges. Also to the north lies the holy lake Manasorover and Langatso. The ascent takes place on the northern slope through the Zalompa glacier.The scenery is magnificent; down below stretches the Tibetan plateau enhanced in beauty the sparkling lakes Manasorovar and Rakyas with Mount Kailash as the backdrop. The climbing is relatively safe with the route crossing the left side of the glacier to reach a plateau under the summit’s ridge. Also, Base camp is at the foot of the glacier at 56. Therefore, if interested you may TWEET.
SAFETY KITS :
1) Never trek alone. So, hire a guide if you can’t find companion.
2) Choose trekking companies/guides with eco friendly concepts.
3) Become informed about high altitude sickness.
4) Furthermore, carry a good medicine kits.
5) Watch were you are walking. Also, don’t step backward blindly while taking photos.
6) Therefore, time your trekking generously. Moreover, taking rest while trekking is not a sign of weakness.