Welcome to Gurla Mandata
Mt.Lhotse a Swiss expedition team climbed Mt.Lhotse in 1956. It’s lower peak, mount Lhotse shar 8383m, sometimes considered a separate 8000m peak, mount Lhotse, which means “South Peak” is a part of the Everest massif, the south of Mt Everest. The primary route on Mt. Lhotse is via Everest’s South Col. But by 1955, despite the increasing activity on Mt .Everest,MT. Lhotse was still the highest virgin peak in the world. The first attempt on Mt. Lhotse was made by an international team in 1955.
One member of the party was Erwin Schneider; during this expedition, he began to work on the first of the series of high-quality “Schneider maps of the Mt. Everest region”. The same Swiss party that made the second ascent of Everest in 1956 made the first ascent of Mt .Lhotse from a camp just below the South Col. Mt. Lhotse Shar was first successfully climbed by an Austrian expedition in 1970. Later Japanese, South Koreans, and Germans attempted from various routes on its main peak. Some Polish and Italians also climbed the summit before done by German expeditions in 1977.,
The Trip cost will vary depending on the Group Size duration of days and Services required please contact us via our email@example.com with your Details to obtain a Quote.
1. Never trek alone. Hire a guide if you can’t find companion.
2. Choose trekking companies/guides with eco friendly concepts.
3. Become informed about high altitude sickness.
4. Carry a good medicine kit.
5. Watch where you are walking. Don’t step backward blindly while raking photos
6. Time your trek generously taking rest while trekking is not a sign of weakness.